PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch: "I Don't Know If Cody Rhodes is Ready For It Yet"

Kemo
04-11-2023, 12:44 AM
Is Cody Rhodes truly ready to lead WWE as the promotion's Undisputed Universal Champion?

Since his return to WWE at WrestleMania 38 last April, Rhodes has made it clear he is back to become champion and 'finish the story' of his career.

Rhodes has vowed to become champion and fulfill a promise to his father Dusty Rhodes who passed away in 2015.

At WrestleMania 39, Rhodes was unable to finish the story and lost to Undisputed WWE Universal Champion in the main event of Night Two.

Many believe that this was the right moment for Rhodes to win and for WWE to end the historic reign of the Head of the Table.

Speaking on Know Mercy with Stephen A. Smith, Becky Lynch questioned if the American Nightmare is truly 'ready' to be the top champion in WWE.

"I don't know if Cody Rhodes is ready for it. I wonder if it should have been Seth Rollins in that spot."

Unlike Rhodes, both Lynch and Rollins were victorious at WWE WrestleMania 39 earlier this month.

On Night One, Rollins defeated Logan Paul while Lynch would team with fellow WWE Women's Tag Team Champion Lita and Trish Stratus to defeat Damage CTRL on Night Two.

During last week's Raw, Rhodes' efforts to earn a rematch against Reigns were thwarted by a heel turn and assault by Brock Lesnar.

With Reigns not expected to wrestle at next month's Backlash Premium Live Event, many predict that Lesnar Vs. Rhodes will headline the Puerto Rico show.

On tonight's Raw, Rhodes will address the WWE Universe about his future in WWE following his WrestleMania loss.