PDA

View Full Version : Booker T On WWE-UFC Merger: 'I'm Like A Kid In A Candy Store, I Love It"

Kemo
04-11-2023, 12:51 AM
https://i.imgur.com/NNS1pYH.jpg

One of the biggest news items to develop in the last week is WWE's sale to Endeavor, which is led by CEO Ari Emanuel. The sports entertainment company struck an estimated $9.3 billion deal to transfer their ownership to Endeavor, and as a result, WWE will merge with another Endeavor-owned company -- Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

The WWE-UFC merger has elicited responses from a number of sports personalities, both in the world of wrestling, and the UFC itself. Former WCW President Eric Bischoff touted the move as "exciting," while Former UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya expressed his interest in crossing over to WWE down the line. Now, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T has weighed in with his thoughts.

With the move being so massive, Booker T joked that he "already asked for a raise," but more anything, he's ecstatic to see what happens next.

Speaking on The Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T revealed he's been a legitimate fan of the UFC for a while, which makes it ever more exciting for him personally.

“I’m loving it, man. I need tickets to every UFC big show. I mean, I want to be in the media scrums. I want to be right there...This just brings me a little bit closer to something that I love, oh so much. I've been a part of the game since day one. Day one-ish, I've been there with the UFC. So for me, I'm like a kid in a candy store. I love it."

Despite the merger, WWE CEO Nick Khan clarified (via Outkick) that WWE and UFC will continue to run their businesses separately. The possibility for more athletes to crossover though, has not been ruled out.