PDA

View Full Version : The Rated R Superstar Expected to Retire After Current WWE Run

Kemo
04-14-2023, 01:03 AM
Edge is in the middle of the second chapter of his pro wrestling career after returning to in-ring action under the WWE banner in 2020. Since then, he has worked with a lot of different opponents, including Roman Reigns, Bryan Danielson, The Miz, Randy Orton and AJ Styles.

Most recently, he scored a win over Finn Balor, ending his feud with The Judgment Day inside Hell in a Cell at WrestleMania 39. The feud lasted for several months. Now, fans are looking forward to seeing what’s next for him in WWE.

There had been a recent report that there was talk of Christian wanting to do another match or tag team run with Edge, leading to speculation that he might leave AEW for WWE. However, that depends on his contract status.

WrestleVotes reports that those in WWE would be ‘surprised’ to see Edge join AEW once he’s free and clear of his WWE deal.

“If he retires the summer in Toronto, I wouldn’t be surprised. I would be surprised if he finishes his current deal and then goes to AEW, WWE would be surprised too. Even though you’ve got Christian factor, you know, they could team one more time and wrestle each other one more time, I’d be surprised if he wrestles past WWE. WWE would be very surprised as well.”

Edge has talked in the past that he is looking to retire from wrestling again in the near future and would like for his final bout to take place in his hometown of Toronto.

During a recent appearance on SiriusXM to hype WrestleMania 39, Edge said he's currently on his last run as an active performer.

"I don't want to go past my sell by date and I'm very cognizant and aware that that's coming. I'm going to be 50 in October. There's only so far you can go at the level that I want to be able to do it at."