PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley on WWE WrestleMania 39 Match: “I Feel Like We Stole The Show

Kemo
04-15-2023, 02:56 AM
Now that the match is in the books, Rhea Ripley has reflected on her WWE WrestleMania 39 match with Charlotte Flair. Ripley went over “The Queen” to dethrone her as the SmackDown Women’s Champion.

The bout was widely praised among fans for the match. It was given 4 and 3/4 stars by Dave Meltzer, the highest rating a match involving Ripley has ever received. It is also tied for the highest rating a Flair has received.

During an appearance on After the Bell with Corey Graves, Ripley spoke about the match and how she feels that they not only stole the show, but proved they should’ve been in the main event spot of the first night.

WWE was going back and forth with his match and the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Title bout for the spot.

“Coming out of that match, I did feel like we stole the show. I feel like we went out there and left everything we had in that ring and that's why we proved to everyone exactly why we should have been in the main event spot. Yes, we didn't have a good build like Sami and Owens and The Usos did but at the same time Charlotte and I every time we step in that ring, we bring the brutality, we bring the ferociousness, we go out there and we just beat the every loving crap out of each other.”

Ripley stated that for her, wrestling Flair was always a dream match. It was also important to have fans in attendance for the match, unlike their WrestleMania 36 match due to the COVID-19 pandemic.