PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Rhodes Reacts to Cody's WrestleMania Loss

Kemo
04-17-2023, 11:01 PM
Dustin Rhodes is starting to understand WWE's decision to have his younger brother Cody Rhodes lose in the main event of WrestleMania 39.

WWE spent the better part of a year hyping Cody's mission to "finish the story" and win the WWE Championship to honor their father, the late "American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. Fans were left bewildered when Roman Reigns pinned his shoulders to the mat in what was supposed to be the crowning achievement of Cody's career.

Cody Rhodes is now feuding with Brock Lesnar, with their match expected to take place at Backlash on May 6. Presumably, Rhodes will eventually work his way back to a championship match. It remains to be seen if WWE can set the stage for Cody as perfectly as they did at WrestleMania.

On Monday, Dustin Rhodes appeared on Busted Open Radio. He admits he was very frustrated when Cody left WrestleMania without "finishing the story" - but believes everything will work out in the end.

"They're making him pay for it now. They're making him earn it, and I like that. I do. I like that, because once you put the title on him, where are you going?"

Of course, if Cody does win the WWE Championship in 3 months, 6 months, a year from now, we'll be in the exact same situation ('What now?'), but at least he's keeping a positive outlook.

Despite what went down at WrestleMania, Dustin says he's "extremely proud" of his younger brother and knows he'll eventually win the WWE Championship.