PDA

View Full Version : Damage CTRL Segment On Raw Was Reportedly Nixed

Kemo
04-19-2023, 04:17 PM
D_F2IyBTTMw

WWE writers often end up making some last-minute alterations to their script. They have once again done the same if reports are to be believed. Damage CTRL was reportedly lined up for a segment on Raw. However, their segment was scrapped off.

During the episode, Kai faced WWE Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair in a singles match. 'The EST' gained control of the contest since the onset and eventually defeated the Damage CTRL member by hitting her with her finishing maneuver, KOD.

Sean Sapp noted behind Fightful’s paywall that WWE had to nix a Damage CTRL segment from the show. It was not noted what this segment would have involved, or how it might have progressed their ongoing storyline.

"There was a Damage CTRL backstage segment that didn’t run."

Fans have noted that some cracks have started developing within Damage CTRL. Last week on Raw, Bayley informed her stablemates, Dakota Kai ad IYO SKY that she had gotten an opportunity to face Belair. However, they protested that they were equally deserving of a title shot.

IYO later got to compete in a triple-threat match against Michin and Piper Niven. She won the match and became the new number-one contender for Belair's title. This week, following Kai's loss, she was seen in a backstage interview with Byron Saxton on WWE Exclusive.

Kais mentioned that she only had one opportunity to prove herself but failed miserably. The former Women's Tag Team Champion backed IYO SKY to defeat Belair as they are set to face off for the RAW Women's Championship.

"Bayley, I appreciate you always hyping us up. Hyping me up when I need it the most. But at the end of the day, it was my opportunity to show that I can go against someone like Bianca Belair and I failed. Yeah, so I don't know where to go from here, but IYO, you have to be the one that beats her, for us, you have to."