PDA

View Full Version : Edge: ‘At Most, I Might Have Another Year in Me to Wrestle At an Elite Level’

Kemo
04-26-2023, 06:21 PM
After returning to in-ring action in 2020 at the WWE Royal Rumble after years of retirement after not being medically cleared due to spinal stenosis, Edge has worked with several top stars.

Edge has publicly talked about wanting to retire from wrestling in his hometown of Toronto in the near future, although there are no major WWE events taking place in the city for now.

At the age of 49, Edge knows he’s close to the end of his career, something he opened up about while appearing on Logan Paul’s Impaulsive program.

Edge said he doesn’t want to stick around to where people are used to seeing him. Instead, he wants to continue to feel the exploding sound of the pop. He recalled watching the Rocky Balboa movie two nights before he returned and crying because he realized that he didn’t have the chance to end his career before, but now he does.

At the same time, he has two little girls that he gets to spend the rest of his life taking care of and a lot of things he wants to do.
Edge’s Time in the Spotlight

“At most, I might have another year in me to be able to do it at this level and still be able to do it at an elite level where I can still hang, where I have to get in with Austin Theory, who is 25 and wasn't born when I had my first match in WWE.”

Logan's co-host Mike mentioned that Edge doesn’t want to go out like at the end of “The Wrestler” movie. Edge agreed and said he wanted to sit on his mountain while being proud of the younger generation.

The WWE Hall of Famer recently reunited with his former tag team partner Christian Cage at an NHL playoff game.

NTqOb4KPrfo