PDA

View Full Version : Bianca Belair: I Want to Be Champion Longer than Roman Reigns

Kemo
04-26-2023, 06:39 PM
The WWE Universe should get used to Bianca Belair carrying the Raw Women's Championship, as the EST has no plans to lose the title anytime soon.

Belair is in her first reign as Raw Women's Champion, after dethroning Becky Lynch at WrestleMania 38: Night One. This month saw Belair reach a full year as the champion, after defending against Asuka at WrestleMania 39: Night Two.

Speaking to AdFree Shows, Belair outlined her plans to reach historic numbers as the Raw Women's Champion.

“I just became the longest-reigning Black champion in WWE. Look at Roman Reigns. I want to go for it all. I want to have a reign like Roman Reigns and break his record, you know? I want to be champion next year.”

Prior to Belair, the longest reigning Black champion was the U.S. Title reign of MVP from May 2007 to April 2008 which lasted 343 days.

Like Reigns, Belair also has plans to headline Night Two of WrestleMania, something that Reigns did this year, last year, and the year prior.

“I want to be in the main event of WrestleMania 40. Second night, main event. I’m going all for it.”

If Reigns was to lose the title today, his reign as Undisputed WWE Universal Champion would have finished at an impressive 969 days. For Belair to reach this number, she would need to keep the Raw Women's Championship until Tuesday, November 26, 2024.

Belair will defend her championship against IYO SKY at WWE Backlash on May 6. Reigns is not scheduled to appear at the event, and his next title defense is believed to come at WWE Night of Champions on May 27.

The upcoming event in Jeddah will mark day 1,000 of Reigns' run with his title, and day 420 of Belair's reign as Raw Women's Champion.