PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Says She Was Mistreated by WWE During 2021 Royal Rumble Return

Kemo
04-28-2023, 09:11 AM
WWE's treatment of Lisa Marie Varon, aka Victoria, left a lot to be desired, according to the wrestling veteran herself.

Varon was the #10 entrant in the 2021 Women's Royal Rumble, which marked her first match in a WWE ring in over a decade. A two-time former WWE Women's Champion, Varon lasted over seven minutes before being eliminated by Shayna Baszler, in the fifth elimination of the match.

Victoria hasn't competed in any Women's Royal Rumble since then, nor has she made any in-ring appearances for WWE. Speaking on the latest episode of the GAW podcast, Varon spoke about being mistreated behind the scenes.

“I was treated like s**t when I came back to WWE backstage. And I was like ‘You know what? How I got treated by some of the people? I will never treat a human like that. Ever.’ I’m gonna be the welcoming arm, like ‘Hey! Welcome to [insert promotion name]!’ If they last two days? OK, they last two days, they’re not gonna last very long. But who are they gonna say [they want to work with]? They’re gonna say ‘I want to work with Lisa.'”

Victoria didn't go into detail as to how she was "treated like sh*t" at the event. The Women's Royal Rumble match would go on to be won by Bianca Belair, who set a record by entering at the #3 spot. This record would be broken this year by Rhea Ripley (the #1 entrant in the 2023 Rumble.) Ironically, Belair eliminated Ripley in 2021 to win, and both would go on to successfully challenge for the SmackDown Women's Championships at WrestleMania.