PDA

View Full Version : Lita Reveals If She Had Her Retirement Match

Kemo
04-30-2023, 09:47 PM
Former WWE Women's Champion Lita recently spoke about a possible retirement match in the company.

She returned to the ring at the 2022 Royal Rumble. Lita's cameo appearance in the Women's Royal Rumble led to a match between her and Becky Lynch at WWE Elimination Chamber in Saudi Arabia last year. She has since teamed with Lynch to win the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles and competed at WrestleMania 39.

Lita has been away from on-screen programming after fellow WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus shocked fans by crossing over to the dark side. On the April 10 episode of WWE Raw, Stratus and Becky Lynch lost the Women’s tag titles to Raquel Rodriguez and Liv Morgan. Stratus served as a replacement for Lita, who was attacked backstage earlier in the evening by a mystery assailant. Following the title match, Stratus brutally attacked Lynch. Stratus recently stated that she had attacked Lita.
Lita talks about retirement

Speaking to Graham GSM Matthews of Bleacher Report, Lita was asked if she would have a proper retirement match. She believes that everything since then is “bonus time” for her:

"I really felt that my match with Becky in Saudi Arabia felt like a really nice retirement match that I did not anticipate having that opportunity. I felt really satisfied with the whole full circle moment of that, paving the way for women on the front end in the United States, going to when the relationship was established in Saudi Arabia, women weren't allowed to come to the matches and then there were no women performing to a featured match where Becky and I were all over billboards all over the kingdom. It felt really poetic and I felt happy with that match. I feel good with that. This just feel like bonus time," she said.

A potential match with the WWE SmackDown Women's Champion Rhea Ripley was pitched to her during the interview and Lita noted that she heard Rhea mention her as a potential opponent. Lita then stated that she would like for the title to be on the line if they have a match:

"She's an incredible talent. I would love to work with her because it would really push me. It would push me beyond my comfort zone and I feel like I've been satisfied with what I've done in this chapter, but I would love to see how far I could take it," she said.

iw2CrmjaHyE

Lita is off WWE television at this point, as she hasn’t been at any of the TV events since the attack angle.