PDA

View Full Version : Baron Corbin on Which of His Characters He Wants to Bring Back

Kemo
05-07-2023, 11:04 PM
Baron Corbin has had many characters throughout his WWE tenure, but the former U.S. Champion would love to return to his roots as the Lone Wolf.

Corbin has been one of WWE's most featured stars since his debut in 2015 and call-up to the main roster in 2016. Corbin's arrival on the main roster came at WrestleMania 32, where the former Golden Gloves athlete won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

On Raw and SmackDown, Corbin has been everything from a constable to a king to completely broke. Despite one of the biggest criticisms of Corbin when he began being that he lacked personality, the former Mr. Money in the Bank has shown he has personality in spades. Speaking to Catch Club this week, Corbin spoke about his many characters in WWE.

"You know Lone Wolf, that was my attitude. Rock and roll, rode a motorcycle, tattooed, lived that lifestyle so it's very natural, that was a very natural role for me. Then stepping into the Constable role. It was a big-time change... I loved the Constable phase because it got me extremely comfortable with a microphone in front of the audiences to convey emotion, to convey whatever story I am trying to tell to these people and put that emotion behind it.

"I loved the King Corbin gimmick. I thought that was just.. that was so fun. And that was the first time I really felt like, 'Okay I am putting on an outfit and becoming a character' in a sense because I had a big coat. I had the crown, and the way I carried myself. And then the Sad Corbin. To me that was something that was supposed to just last like two weeks. We were just supposed to do like two weeks but I dove in so hard on it and put everything I had into the character, into making it believable."

Corbin added that he loves how believable 'Sad Corbin' was with fans, as he is not actually poor but had fans convinced. The free agent went on to say that it was unique for fans to be so sympathetic that they were actually cheering him, despite being a heel.

During the recent WWE draft, Corbin went unpicked by either Raw or SmackDown and will appear on both brands until one is allocated to him. Speaking about his future, Corbin said he would love to bring back an updated version of the Lone Wolf.

"I would love to kind of get back to that grittiness of the Lone Wolf, but mix a little bit of everything in it. Lone Wolf was a little one-dimensional. It didn't have all the dimensions I think you need to be like a John Cena or a Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns can take you from him being just a big bully to you can see the frustration or sadness or when he feels like the table's crumbling. He can take you through all those emotions, and I think that's what you need to have to have a successful character."

During this week's SmackDown, Corbin took issue with SmackDown call-up Cameron Grimes in a backstage segment with Adam Pearce. Corbin and Grimes will face off during next week's episode of SmackDown on FOX.