PDA

View Full Version : Ex-WWE Star Mark Jindrak Feeling the "Itch" to Get Back in the Ring

Kemo
05-11-2023, 07:06 AM
Former WWE Superstar Mark Jindrak is feeling the itch to get back in the ring, over five years after his most recent official match.

A student of the late Paul Orndorff, Jindrak's wrestling journey began in the WCW PowerPlant training facility in 1999. Called up to the main roster in June of the following year, Jindrak (with Sean O'Haire) became two-time World Tag Team Champions before the promotion's demise in 2001. Jindrak would be brought into the WWF that year and would work for the company until the summer of 2005.

In the years following his WWE departure, Mark Jindrak would compete in Japan, AAA, and CMLL, becoming World Champion in the latter. Jindrak's most recent official match was in 2018 as part of a six-man tag-team match, where he worked under the name Marco Corleone. Speaking to the Developmentally Speaking podcast, Jindrax explained that he is contemplating making a return to the ring.

"Lately I've been getting into good shape again, so I feel like a resurgence. I kind of have an itch to take some more wrestling shows. But maybe that could see me wrestling more in the United States. I don't know. That's the one thing I look back on and I have a little bit of regret. I wish I would've maybe cut Mexico a little earlier, and come back and did some stuff in the United States. I think there's still a chapter to write, honestly."

Jindrak said that in recent years, he has been in the hobby of collecting trading cards, and works as a professional card grader, which examines how mint a card is and therefore its value.

In WWE, Mark Jindrak was part of the Alliance during the WCW/ECW Invasion and was kept around after the angle ended. Arguably the most notable part of Mark's WWE career is something that didn't happen, as originally he was going to be the fourth member of Evolution, alongside Triple H, Ric Flair, and Randy Orton.

Instead, Jindrak was brought back to TV in 2003 and formed a tag team with Garrison 'Lance' Cade. The heights of the team's success saw them compete for the World Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania 20, albeit unsuccessfully.