PDA

View Full Version : Michin Hopes WWE Holds Premium Live Event in South Korea

Kemo
05-11-2023, 07:34 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5tK4JOI.jpg

Could WWE be heading to South Korea for the promotion's next international Premium Live Event?

Over the past year, events outside of the United States have proven to be a hit with fans. Last September saw WWE invade Cardiff, Wales for Clash at the Castle, which saw Drew McIntyre challenge Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. In February, WWE made the trip north to Canada, where Sami Zayn got a thunderous ovation as he also (unsuccessfully) challenged the Tribal Chief. WWE Backlash 2023 in Puerto Rico also proved to be a hit with fans, and the company will travel to London, England in July for WWE Money in the Bank.

With WWE traveling further and further for its Premium Live Events (with the next being Night of Champions in Jeddah,) there has been plenty of discussions as to where the company should go next. During the latest episode of The Bump, 'Michin' Mia Yim expressed her desire to see WWE host an event in South Korea.

"I’ve never heard of a big promotion going to Korea, and I know that wrestling is starting to really grow over there. Wrestling is growing in China, in Korea, and I’ve gotten DMs from several Korean wrestlers over in Korea, just thanking me for putting Korea on the map, in a sense. If we had a show in Korea, I would fly my mom out. I have family over there, so I would fly my mom out and bring all my family. Even if it was just a small show, it would mean so much to me because you don’t hear much about wrestling in Korea. Any amount of recognition is enough for me, and it would mean something so special to me because when I first started wrestling, that was something I’ve always wanted to do."

There's no shortage of stadiums that WWE could fill in South Korea, with the biggest being the Seoul Olympic Stadium, which can hold just shy of 70,000. The Stadium was built to host events for the 1988 Summer Olympic Games in the South Korean capital.

Michin (a name that means 'crazy' in Korean) isn't the only WWE Superstar who has their eyes on a future international WWE event. Earlier this week, LWO member Santos Escobar responded to a tweet that asked where WWE should go next, and said a future Premium Live Event should be held in Mexico.

In an interview with the Getting Over podcast recorded prior to Backlash, Escobar called an event in Mexico City "the next step," and said that the Aztec Stadium, a venue that can hold over 110,000 people, would be perfect for a PLE, even WrestleMania.