PDA

View Full Version : WWE Champions Want to Face Off with Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion

Kemo
05-11-2023, 07:17 PM
WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez are ready to face off with Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion in the promotion's next celebrity match.

Celebrity wrestling matches have come a long way in recent years, thanks to the efforts of Bad Bunny, Logan Paul, Pat McAfee, and others. While these matches were once universally loathed and considered as little more than cash grabs and an attempt for WWE to get some publicity, these matches are now considered highlights of the card.

In an interview with WrestlingNews, Liv and Raquel were asked about possible opponents, and their plans extended far past the women's roster. The two said they want to face Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion in the ring, with Morgan saying:

"We're talking Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion. We want them... I'm sure they are both highly athletic, so this is our official call out, but we love you guys. It's not in a mean way. We love you."

Rodriguez said she believes that the two artists would be up for a match, adding:

"They've had a little interaction with some of our other superstars. They're always interacting on Twitter, so I think they would be more than willing to come and have a little fun with Liv and I."

Morgan and Rodriguez have been WWE Women's Tag Team Champions for just over a month, after dethroning Becky Lynch and Lita. Trish Stratus filled in for her fellow Hall of Famer in the match, after Lita was ambushed backstage (in an attack Trish caused.) Morgan is in her first reign with the gold, while Rodriguez is in her second, having previously been champion with Aliyah.

In the interview, Morgan and Rodriguez also shared their desire for a second WWE Evolution event, a sequel to WWE's all-female 2018 show.