PDA

View Full Version : The Rhea Ripley-Dominik Mysterio Breakup Angle Is Going To Be Epic

Kemo
05-11-2023, 07:28 PM
Becky Lynch loves the prospect of WWE bringing a major Premium Live Event to Ireland, her home country.

The six-time Women's Champion was Mark Andrews latest guest on his My Love Letter to Wrestling podcast. Andrews says they've been very excited to have Lynch join the show and received record number of listener questions for her.

Lynch spoke in-depth about the Irish wrestling scene, which has produced some legendary names.
Becky Lynch Proud to Represent Ireland

When asked if she's proud is she to represent Ireland in WWE, Lynch said it's truly amazing what a hotbed of talent her scene turned out to be.

"So proud," she began. "We didn't really have anything, at least not that I was aware of, growing up, there was nothing. So we're talking.. this all started 21 years ago, to have at least five major stars in WWE that all came from that little Irish scene, we've got Sheamus, we've got Finn, we've got myself and now we've got Jordan [JD McDonagh], we've got Lyra Valkyrie, who is just phenomenal and is going to be a huge star in the future.

So, coming from the grassroots of where it started, knowing what it looked like on day one, I don't know that anybody would have predicted it."

She remembers when she began training, she spoke with a lot of people who wanted to be pro wrestlers, but everyone thought you needed to go off to America to train. Looking back, it's amazing to see the people who got in on the ground level who did really well.

Hot off the success of Backlash from San Juan, Puerto Rico, WWE fans and Superstars have been buzzing about other 'International' cities that could host future PLE's.

When asked if we could see a major WWE show in Ireland, Lynch revealed she's already spoken with WWE about it and even has a venue in mind.

"We were just talking about that, yes, I gave the venue and all, the RDS, we can have one. I don't know that we have the population to sustain it, but I think when you've got the UK and Europe so close, then absolutely."

The RDS Arena is an open-air venue located in the Dublin suburb of Ballsbridge, Ireland. It began hosting the annual Dublin Horse Show way back in 1881. According to Wikipedia, the venue's record attendance was set in July 1997, when Michael Jackson played to 43,000 people as part of his HIStory World Tour concert.

Thankfully, fans in Ireland won't have to wait long to see a WWE live event. As part of next month's European tour, there will be a WWE live event from Dublin, Ireland on Thursday, June 29 at the 3Arena.

Other topics discussed include Becky Lynch's training and how she got into the business, winning the Women's tag titles with Lita at WrestleMania, parenthood and much more.