PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Outlines Why Cody Rhodes' Loss At WrestleMania 39 Was The "Right Decision"

Kemo
05-22-2023, 01:10 AM
WWE Hall of Famer 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin recently shared his take on Cody Rhodes unsuccessfully challenging Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39.

'The Tribal Chief' left Cody Rhodes' story unfinished as the former emerged victorious to retain his title in the main event of WrestleMania 39 Night Two. Despite the anticipation that Rhodes could dethrone Roman Reigns, he came up short thanks to interference by Solo Sikoa.

WWE’s booking decision met with mixed reactions. Triple H and other pro wrestling legends shared their thoughts on the outcome of the match which left the fans disappointed.

Speaking to Busted Open Radio, Stone Cold Steve Austin weighed in on the matter and stated that WWE made the right move by having Cody Rhodes lose at WrestleMania 39.

"I completely thought that they made the right decision," Austin said. "I really respect the hell out of Cody for what he did when he walked away from WWE and found himself. He went down to AEW and then came back or was hired back, however that works."

'The Texas Rattlesnake' went on to add that having the former AEW star win at 'Mania would have been too "storybook" and "cliche."

"Anyway, he gets injured. He blows out a pec. He competes in the Royal Rumble. Now he comes back and he gets in the main event with Roman. I just think it was so storybook. It would have been so cliche to put the belt on him. Has he earned the opportunity to be there? Yeah, but would he have been the right guy, right now, trying to take out Roman Reigns? I just think not."

Cody Rhodes is once again making his way up to the ranks on his quest to capture the gold. 'The American Nightmare' recently scored a huge victory over Brock Lesnar at WWE Backlash Premium Live Event. 'The Beast Incarnate' also cost Rhodes an opportunity at the new World Heavyweight Championship. It seems that their feud is far from over and they will once again collide inside the squared circle at the Night of Champions event on Saturday, May 27 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.