PDA

View Full Version : Rob Van Dam Claims Paul Heyman Owed Him $150,000 During ECW

Kemo
05-22-2023, 01:33 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Rob Van Dam (RVD) claimed that former ECW CEO Paul Heyman owed him $150,000 before the former departed the company.

Rob Van Dam was certainly the biggest name in Heyman's ECW in the late 90s. Rob Van Dam‘s wrestling career took off when he worked for Extreme Championship Wrestling. His high-flying style of wrestling, his agility as well as his ability to throw kicks from any angle grabbed eyeballs. He became a standout performer in the promotion.

During his original ECW run, RVD was the longest-reigning ECW World Television Champion. He also captured the ECW World Tag Team Championship twice with Sabu.

Over the years, several wrestlers have shared stories of Heyman owing them money and not paying them their salaries. It has now come to light that 'The Whole F'n Show' also owed money.

Former WWE Champion Rob Van Dam recently had a chat with Steve Fall of Ten Count. When asked about Paul Heyman owing him the money back in the day, here's what RVD had to say:

"Although he was taking care of me pretty good, it still felt like the longer I was there, the deeper hole I was digging for myself. And so, that's why eventually I was like, 'Look, I'm not going to be getting paid this and another type of company is going to be around much longer.' So, when I left I think it was just before their last show if I'm not mistaken, but the very loose number though was 150 Grand."

Paul Heyman is currently aligned with The Bloodline, led by the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.

Meanwhile, RVD recently stated that he's not retired and it's only a matter of time before he's delivering another five-star frog splash. He revealed that he has been cutting back on sugar for about 3-4 weeks now. He also flaunted his incredible physique which might indicate his in-ring return might be on the card.