PDA

View Full Version : WWE star Ronda Rousey Demanded She Be Paired With Shayna Baszler As a Tag Team

LionDen
06-03-2023, 10:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/7q5ftSR.jpg

Shayna Baszler and Ronda Rousey are the new Women's tag team champions. The dangerous duo comprised of former UFC fighters captured the vacant belts this week on Raw.

Just hours after their win, Ronda Rousey made headlines for her comments about the WWE women's roster being "dismally shallow." A new report from the Wrestling Observer states that Rousey and Basszler are not slated to be a team for long, and will actually be feuding with one another in the very near future.

With all this in play, Baszler recently sat down with Peter Rosenberg for the Cheap Heat Podcast to discuss working with Rousey in WWE and much more.

Here are some highlights of what Baszler said on the podcast about Ronda Rousey demanding to be paired with Shayna Baszler:

Rosenberg said Ronda Rousey's WWE character is tough to book, because she is so dominant. Some wrestlers can have competitive matches with the whole roster, but that's not the case with her. There's only so many wrestlers who can realistically be seen as a threat to Rousey.

Baszler then revealed that it was Rousey who is responsible for them being put together. Management had other plans for her, but Rousey put her foot down.

Shayna: "Ronda's Ronda, right? She's been main title, she's been the main event at WrestleMania. She still gets one of the loudest pops when we walk out. This was something she'd demanded. We've been asking for it forever, but she finally put her foot down and went to the office and said, 'Listen, we've been asking for this forever. You keep telling us after.. after... after..'

I honestly don't know if she hadn't done that, If they would have ever gotten to it. I wasn't in a position yet to be elevated to a Ronda level. So the fact that Rhonda said, 'No, stop, I've done this. I want to do this because this is why I started wrestling.' So, I think that's huge. You know what I mean? She could be main eventing SummerSlam. She doesn't have to be where she is, which is elevating these titles.."

Baszler said Rousey is a divisive figure. Some people love her, some people hate her and it's been that way since she was in the UFC.

Shayna: "I at least want people to understand like, this is happening in large part because she demanded it. So she demanded to work with me, as a friend. So, it's cool to have someone who truly isn't out for themselves. You know what I mean? And that's in show business. That's so rare. So it's very cool."