PDA

View Full Version : MVP Reveals Hilarious Story Of Putting The Iron Sheik On His Voicemail Message

Kemo
06-12-2023, 09:26 PM
Veteran WWE star MVP recently shared anecdotes of his friendship with the late WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik. He revealed that MVP put Sheik on his voicemail message in a way to prank his callers.

The pro wrestling world is saddened after the passing away of WWE Hall of Famer The Iron Sheik. He breathed his last at the age of 81. He is survived by his wife and three children.

The Iron Sheik had a legendary career and his match against Hulk Hogan in January 1984 at Madison Square Garden remains to be one of the greatest chapters in pro wrestling. At the show, Hogan defeated Sheik, which is considered the beginning of “Hulkamania,” the greatest babyface run in wrestling history.

Appearing on Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg, MVP revealed that even though he and Sheik became friends, never once did Sheik call him MVP.

He further reminisced how he put The Iron Sheik on his voicemail message and the legendary pro wrestler always got MVP's name incorrect. Here is what he said:

"Every time I saw Iron Sheik after that, if I didn't have any, I would find some just to pay tribute to the legend, to give Sheiky Baby his medicine. After that we became pals. I mean, once I even had him do my voicemail for me. It was funny. You call me up and Sheiky Baby was was my voicemail message, and the number of people that thought they got the wrong number or were confused -- because he never called me MVP. Never. It was always PVM, MPV. He never got MVP," he said.

Several wrestling personalities took to social media to pay tributes to the legend including MVP.

WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, who is considered as Sheik's greatest rival also paid homage. Stars like The Rock, Taz, Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley and many more have paid tribute to The Iron Sheik as well.