PDA

View Full Version : UFC Champion Israel Adesanya Open to "One-Off" Work with WWE

Kemo
06-14-2023, 09:56 PM
UFC's Israel Adesanya is open to doing a cameo appearance for WWE, but isn't interested in becoming the next crossover Superstar.

Adesanya's love for professional wrestling is well-established, with the fighter having an Undertaker-inspired entrance at UFC 276 last year. In his 12th consecutive win, Adesanya retained the UFC Middleweight Championship over Jared Cannonier. Following the fight, The Undertaker said he loved the entrance and praised Adesanya as a great fighter and "an awesome entertainer."

WWE is already home to several MMA alum, including Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, Shayna Baszler, and Matt Riddle. With WWE and UFC set to be merged into TKO Holdings Group by Endeavor later this year, its hardly a surprise that some have speculated that Adesanya could be the next to make the jump. Speaking to Adam's Apple, Adesanya said he is open to a one-off appearance but isn't looking to become a Superstar.

"I’ll do one-off. I love the WWE, you know, WWF back in the day — that was my era, the Attitude era. But for me, it’s not going to be a staple thing because I like to be the writer to my own story.”

Adesanya also said he is open to "a few cameos" but reiterated that he isn't interested in being a full-time Superstar. Adesnya currently boasts an impressive 24-2-0 win record as a fighter, with 16 wins coming via knockout. His most recent victory came over Brazil's Alex Pereira (one of the two men to defeat Adesanya) in April of this year.