PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus On Being Excluded From Money In The Bank Ladder Match

Kemo
06-17-2023, 07:15 AM
2015 Money In The Bank winner Sheamus believes he should have been a part of this year's ladder match, especially as it's taking place in the UK.

'The Celtic Warrior' is one of the most decorated stars of the company with plenty of accolades to his name. He has competed in a number of ladder matches throughout his career. Winning the coveted ladder match in 2015, he had successfully cashed in it on Roman Reigns in 2015 to capture the WWE Championship.

Meanwhile, this year's Money in the Bank event will take place on July 1 at the O2 Arena in London, England which is close to Sheamus' homeland, Ireland. The six people who will compete in the match are Shinsuke Nakamura, Damian Priest, LA Knight, Ricochet, Butch, and Santos Escobar.
Sheamus believes he should have been a part of the ladder match

During a recent interview with Metro, Sheamus stated that he has no idea why he isn't in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. 'The Celtic Warrior' believes that he's the first person WWE should've called for the bout. He said:

"I mean, selfishly I should [be in the match]. If it’s with Ridge too, that’d be great. But listen, last time we were in Wales [for Clash At The Castle], I tore the bleeding roof off the place. Nobody came close. Roman, Drew didn’t come close – and it was built around that match. Nobody came close to [me and GUNTHER]. Every time I’m in there, I blow the roof off the place... I should be the first person they’re thinking of – especially when a pay-per-view comes to Europe like that. So yeah, a hundred percent, I should be in there," Sheamus said.

At WWE Clash at the Castle last year, Sheamus and Gunther had an instant classic bout for the Intercontinental Championship which was highly praised. During the same conversation, Sheamus stated that when WWE holds an event in Europe, he's the first name that the company should think of. He said:

"Why should I be crossing my fingers? You know what I mean? At this stage, 16 years. I’m not just sitting back and going, 'I’m happy to be here', and collect a paycheck. I’ve never been like that. For me, it’s always been about [the] competitive side, the performing aspect... Everything I’ve done the last 16 years, I should be the number one name that they think of, especially when a pay-per-view comes to London, a stone’s throw away from Dublin, it’s insane. Especially when I cut my teeth there," he added.

Sheamus and Ridge Holland’s Brawling Brutes teammate Butch has qualified for the signature Ladder Match. We will have to see if he is able to retrieve the briefcase, albeit LA Knight is the favorite to win the match.