PDA

View Full Version : GUNTHER: There Are No Plans for Add Members to Imperium

Kemo
06-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Imperium will remain a trio on WWE's main roster, according to WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER.

The faction debuted in WWE in 2019 and originally consisted of GUNTHER, Ludwig Kaiser, and Giovanni Vinci. In June of that year, Alexander Wolfe would join the faction, but he would be kicked out in May 2021 following a loss to Killian Dain. In April 2022, GUNTHER and Kaiser were called up to SmackDown but Vinci was kept in WWE NXT. It was at Clash at the Castle in Cardiff, Wales, that Vinci was called up and Imperium was reformed.

Imperium are hardly the only European Superstars that WWE has, and every so often, it is rumored that the group could be about to expand. When speaking to Steve Fall, GUNTHER made it clear that no new members are being discussed.

“We get that question asked quite a lot to be honest, and I always have to give the answer, no, I think it’s perfect how it is. I’m a big believer in never change a running system. I think too much in and outs can water a group down a little bit, if that makes sense. I think yeah, we’re all together for a reason. Nothing’s random there. We all are tightly connected in our private life too, especially with Kaiser. Our careers went the same way since we started and there’s a history of that group for a long time before WWE. So it’s something that was just authentically there. As of right now, I feel like it’s good how it is.”

Imperium has been a hit with fans both in NXT and on the main roster. The faction could make history soon enough, with GUNTHER rapidly approaching the record for the longest individual reign as Intercontinental Champion.