PDA

View Full Version : The Street Profits' Angelo Dawkins Wants New Tag Titles Belts To Be Purple

Kemo
06-17-2023, 07:29 AM
Former one-half of the Tag Team Champions and The Street Profits member Angelo Dawkins has opened up on potential new tag team title belts.

WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H recently introduced new championship belts. He presented Roman Reigns and multiple other champions with all-new titles over the last month in WWE. Reports suggest that he wanted to freshen up the designs and present a new look instead. The new titles certainly look quite different from the old ones.

Over the last few weeks, Seth Rollins won the brand-new World Heavyweight Championship. More recently, a new belt, the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship belt was introduced. Following that, Asuka and Rhea Ripley were given new belts as well. Rhea Ripley was crowned the Women's World Champion, while Asuka became the WWE Women's Champion.

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are the current Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions which they captured from Jimmy and Jey Uso at WrestleMania 39. Appearing on The Masked Man Show, Angelo Dawkins of the Street Profits was asked if fans could potentially see new WWE Tag Team Titles. Dawkins said he wants to introduce the purple gang.

"Your guess is as good as me. If there is, I hope. One can only hope. The titles that we have still look good, red and blue, we might merge them together. Make it purple. We're going to introduce the purple gang. If they decide to change it, I'm all for it," said Dawkins.

Asked for his thoughts on the new world titles, Dawkins said:

"I like them. They look good. They would look good around my waist. They would look good around Montez' waist. You never know."

The Street Profits (Dawkins & Montez Ford) recently picked up a win over LA Knight & Rick Boogs on the May 19 episode of WWE SmackDown. Ford & Dawkins are now set to compete in a #1 Contender Tag Team Gauntlet on the June 16 episode of WWE SmackDown.