PDA

View Full Version : Hornswoggle On Why He Won't Speak Badly Of WWE, His Future In Wrestling

Kemo
06-19-2023, 09:02 PM
Former WWE Superstar Hornswoggle recently sat down with Nick Hausman for Inside The Ropes for an interview. During their discussion, Hornswoggle said he considers himself retired from active competition after his second "failed back surgery."

When asked if he had any interest appearing for AEW, Hornswoggle said anything he does in wrestling would have to be in a non-physical capacity.

"It ain’t in the cards, I don’t believe in-ring for a major company, but I truly believe the coaching stuff.. and I’m finally like, grasping that whether I have more to give inside the ring compared to outside, and teaching and helping and that I’m okay with that. I can sign my fake name for the rest of my life. And I’m fully okay with that.”

Hornswoggle left WWE in 2016, but has made a few sporadic appearances from 2018-2020. He feels they're still on good terms and holds no malice towards the company.

After his release in 2020, his father told him that when he starts doing interviews, people are going to push him to say negative things about WWE to drum up publicity. His father urged him not to burn his bridge with WWE. He got to live his dream by being a WWE Superstar for 10 years.

"It’s like, I have no reason to burn a bridge, I have no reason to talk poorly of a company that gave me 10 years of living my dream, providing for my son, giving me an awesome life and making me a star that now I can sign that fake name, still seven years later, like, I can’t be mad at that. I can’t. So there’s no reason to be negative towards it whatsoever.”