PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Not Expected Back In WWE This Year

Kemo
08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Brock Lesnar is not scheduled to appear at any additional WWE premium live events this year. Lesnar battled Cody Rhodes this past weekend at SummerSlam, the decisive third and final match of their storied trilogy. Rhodes was victorious and received a formal endorsement from the Beast Incarnate after their match:

With SummerSlam and his feud with the American Nightmare in the rear view mirror, Lesnar is not expected back on WWE television anytime soon. On the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said Lesnar will be gone for "at least the next four months or something like that."

"Brock was originally advertised on one of the pay-per-views later this year, but he's not going to be on it. He's going to be gone for a while. No time soon, as far as the next four months or something like that. He's not going to be on anything at that point," said Meltzer.

Meltzer added that Lesnar should be back for WrestleMania season, but is not factored into storylines for the remainder of the year.

At the post-SummerSlam press conference, Cody Rhodes reflected on his trilogy with Brock Lesnar. He said Lesnar "absolutely eviscerated" him on many levels, but was deeply impacted by Lesnar's gesture of respect after the match.

"I'm very grateful for what's happened," he said. "I don’t want to wrestle Brock Lesnar again, but I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to do it and compete at his level."

Rhodes also reasserted his mission to "finish the story" and let fans know that he's not lost sight of his ultimate goal of winning the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.

LionDen
08-09-2023, 09:22 AM
I would not be surprised if Rhodes wins the title from Reigns at Mania.