PDA

View Full Version : Bayley Fires Back at Ronda Rousey's Dig at Women's Tag Division

Kemo
08-09-2023, 08:09 PM
WWE Superstar Bayley has made her views on Ronda Rousey abundantly clear amid reports of the latter's exit from WWE.

At SummerSlam, Rousey competed in what is believed to have been her final match, losing the MMA Rules match to Shayna Baszler. Rousey did not appear on the following Raw and Baszler has taken great pride in the notion that she has run Rousey out of WWE. SummerSlam was much kinder to Bayley, whose Damage CTRL ally IYO SKY cashed in her Money in the Bank contract to become WWE Women's Champion.

Rousey has always had an interesting relationship with wrestling and its fans, who rejected WWE's efforts to present her as a babyface. Earlier this year, Rousey lambasted WWE's Women's Tag Team division, calling it "dismally shallow" and stating there's a lack of interest in the division. Responding to Rousey's comments to Inside the Ropes, Bayley encouraged Rousey to be the change she wants to see.

"If she wants more then Ronda should do more. I’m tired of her saying she wants more, come out here and do it. Let me see. Do I see Ronda Rousey out here doing interviews? No, I see Shayna Baszler. I don’t see Ronda Rousey. I’m here, I have a match at Money in the Bank. I’m gonna climb a freakin’ ladder, you know? Where is she?"

WWE introduced its Women's Tag Team division in 2019 and things have been far from smooth sailing since then. Several title reigns have ended abruptly, either due to injuries or in the case of Sasha Banks and Naomi last year, due to suspension. While WWE had hoped that the recent victory of Sonya Deville and Chelsea Green would turn things around, that won't be the case given Deville's ACL tear.

LionDen
08-10-2023, 09:15 AM
You tell her Bayley lol. To bad Rousey out for a long time now. Rousey quit the TV show 'Stars on Marz' because she says she missed her kids .. or .. maybe she just did not want to be voted out. lol Anyway, maybe she does just want to spend time with her family for now.