PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cardona Offers Advice To Former WWE Talents "Just Do The G**Damn Work"

Kemo
08-17-2023, 07:55 AM
Since he was released from WWE in 2020, Cardona has succeeded on the independent wrestling scene. He has appeared on All Elite Wrestling and was with Impact Wrestling for two years. However, Cardona has succeeded more, working for different independent wrestling promotions, most notably Game Changer Wrestling.

"The Deathmatch King" reinvented himself with GCW, where he had his first significant feud outside of WWE with Nick Gage. Cardona defeated Gage to win his first title after getting released and became GCW World Champion at GCW Homecoming on July 24, 2021.

While some former WWE talent may not be able to find similar success outside of the company, Cardona is one of the few that has thrived going independent. In an interview with Wrestling Inc's Jack Farmer, Cardona gave some advice to ex-WWE wrestlers who want to have the career he is having on his own.

Farmer transcribed the following quotes.

"It sounds like it's super simple, and it is super simple. Just do the g**damn work. Outwork everybody. If you want something done, do it yourself. In WWE, listen, I love my time there. It set me up for this epic indie run. It set me up for life, and I learned so much there, but in WWE, especially for a guy in my position there, there were only so many things I could control, so I controlled those things to the best of my abilities. Now, being on the indies, being The Agent, I can control literally everything," said Cardona.

Cardona also added that he is having more success in his life than during his time in WWE.

It's been three years since Cardona started his independent wrestling career, and he doesn't seem like he plans on joining a major wrestling company soon. Cardona is a champion in different wrestling promotions, including House of Glory and DDT Pro Wrestling.

He shared in the interview that his goal is to be the top guy in the independent wrestling scene. Cardona also urged former WWE talent to reinvent themselves like he did if they want to continue their career.

"...I'm proud that, right now, I have the most buzz I've ever had in my career, and that's because I'm working my ass off. I see these guys or girls who were released with me or after me not doing jack s***, and I have no sympathy towards that. Go work your ass off. Go get booked. Go reinvent yourself. I did it, so why can't you?," said Cardona.

While not everyone will have similar success to Cardona, he is an example that it is possible to achieve success and have a career in wrestling without being in a major wrestling company.