PDA

View Full Version : RVD Talks His First Impression Of Paul Heyman

Kemo
08-21-2023, 10:53 AM
Paul Heyman is one of the most unique characters of the wrestling world. On one hand he is considered a creative genius who always has his finger on the pulse of the wrestling world. At the same time, Heyman is known to deceive people and do whatever it takes to manipulate his colleagues and get his way.

RVD got to witness both these sides of the wrestling veteran during his time with the original ECW. He was one of the stars that helped put the company on the map. The former ECW champion stayed with the promotional nearly till the end. He was present for the final ECW PPV Guilty as Charged in 2001 before jumping ships to WWE.

The Whole F'n Show recently opened up about the personality of Heyman while speaking to Denise Salcedo. He was asked about his impression of Heyman during the ECW run. Mr Monday Night praised him for being able to bring out people's strengths, but he also gave an example of how Paul used to deceive people working for him:

”Well, Paul was...I had Sabu to warn me and give me his feedback and impressions of Paul. I'm sure he told me like how to trust him or not trust him what he's saying or whatever," said RVD, "but Sabu liked him and that was important. I just thought he was always good at pulling out strengths and hiding weaknesses. And I also learned, he was willing to say whatever to get through the moment, even if, later on, that was...even if reality wasn't connected to it, you know what I mean?'

He continued "I learned right away. If you promise me a check, and then I said, 'Hey, where's my check?' He'd be like, 'It's waiting for you at home, when you get home.' I got used to that kind of thing. [I'd be like] 'Well, you said you were gonna hand it to me.' [He'd go] 'What's the difference? You won't even get home till Tuesday,' I just learned to appreciate and respect him for who he is.”

After leaving ECW, RVD had a pretty successful stint with WWE. He stayed with the company till 2007, and won a number of championships during his run. He is active in the wrestling industry even today, making headlines as recently as earlier this month with a one off AEW appearance.

5WCuPqLwAAo