PDA

View Full Version : "We Nearly Killed Him!" D-Von Dudley On Hitting Spike with The First 3-D

Kemo
08-21-2023, 11:03 AM
:ecw:

D-Von Dudley and Spike Dudley may be 'related' but there was no brotherly love the first time Spike got hit with the 3-D.

'Little Spike Dudley' a reference to LSD, debuted in ECW in 1996 as part of the large, convoluted Dudley family. The group's lineage was that they were all the children of a traveling salesman who journeyed across the United States, explaining the differences in the Dudley family.
The First 3-D

After D-Von turned on the family, Bubba Ray (now Bully Ray) would follow suit at Crossing the Line Again in February 1997. Bubba and D-Von would cement turning on the group by hitting the 3-D on Spike. Speaking to the Attitude Era podcast, D-Von recalled creating the move and hitting the move on Spike.

"We were in the ECW dojo, and Bubba said 'Now that we're a team, we need a finishing maneuver.' Dallas Diamond Page was doing the cutter. And Bubba said, 'You know what, this is a great idea. Why don't we think about how do we make that a move where maybe you lift them and I'll bring them [down] with the Bubba cutter.'

"So I remember we tried it the first time and the guy we tried it on at the dojo in ECW, almost killed him. So we realized that you have to...once I pick you up, you have to stay straight. You have to stay tall, put your head up as I'm coming backwards down with you, you still have to be in that position, and Bubba will guide you down.

"If you watch the first one we ever did the night Bubba turned in the ECW arena, we hit it on Spike and we nearly killed him. Because we forgot to tell him don't bend down, he bent down. He almost broke his neck."

yu7kOzpX-i8