PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Wants A Match With John Cena Before It’s Too Late

Kemo
08-22-2023, 12:12 AM
Cody Rhodes vs. John Cena is one of the biggest matches WWE could promote. If Rhodes has any say in the matter, we could see it happen before Cena hangs up his boots once and for all

On Monday, Rhodes took part in an 'AMA' (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit to promote his new Peacock documentary, American Nightmare: Becoming Cody Rhodes.

He was asked questions about a wide range of topics, including his dream WarGames team (Sting, Shawn Michaels, Rey Mysterio, his father Dusty and himself), his favorite video game outside of The Legend of Zelda franchise (Metal Gear Solid) and more.

When fan asked if we'll ever see him step in the ring with John Cena, Cody revealed that he wants the match and he's actually spoken to Cena about it. Whether or not it happens, he's grateful that he's had a chance work work with Cena in the past.

“I asked John if he does one more...to consider that match. If not though, I'm blessed to have been under his learning tree and shared a ring with him in the past”

zy8sc_9PRg8

John Cena does not compete for WWE very often anymore, but he's not retired.

On Monday, WWE announced that Cena is returning to television on the Friday, September 1 edition of Friday Night SmackDown.

Cena later confirmed that his next match will take place the following week, Friday, September 8 at the WWE Superstar Spectacle event from Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. His opponent has yet to be determined.

John Cena and Cody Rhodes are friends off-screen, so it's entirely possible that Cena chooses to work with Cody in one of his remaining matches.

Last month after WWE's Money in the Bank premium live event, Rhodes revealed Cena recently gave him some career advice:

KsKVBw0c3NM

LionDen
08-22-2023, 03:53 AM
I have a feeling Rhodes will take on Reigns at Wrestlemania and finally beat the champion. If they can throw Cena in there somewhere then maybe he could take on Cena.