PDA

View Full Version : Raquel Rodriguez Attacks Rhea Ripley on NXT

Kemo
08-23-2023, 06:50 PM
Raquel Rodriguez has made a return to WWE NXT, leaving her mark on the Women's World Championship scene.

During the recent NXT Heatwave event, Rodriguez interrupted a tag team match involving Rhea Ripley and Dominik Mysterio, sending a clear message to the current champion.

The unexpected interference occurred when Ripley was going to make a crucial tag to help her partner Mysterio. Rodriguez, who is set to face Ripley at WWE Payback for the Women's World Championship, seized the opportunity and attacked Ripley, leaving Mysterio vulnerable to defeat. Dragon Lee capitalized on the chaos, pinning Mysterio for the win.

Rodriguez wasted no time in making her intentions known. On WWE Raw's August 21 episode, she officially announced her medical clearance and her upcoming championship showdown against Ripley at WWE Payback. But her return wasn't limited to verbal declarations. In a subsequent appearance on NXT Heatwave, she unleashed her aggression on Ripley, reminding her of their tumultuous history.

In an NXT Heatwave exclusive video, Rodriguez spoke candidly about her motivations. "I wanted to remind Rhea who she’s messing with," she said. The former NXT Women's Champion referenced their Last Woman Standing Match in the same arena, where she displayed her dominance by sending Ripley crashing through the stage floor. Her intentions for WWE Payback were made clear: "Not too long ago, we had our Last Woman Standing Match in this arena, and I put her through that stage floor. I plan on doing the same thing at Payback. She will be looking up at Raquel Rodriguez, your winner and your new Women’s World Champion."

Rodriguez's journey in WWE has been marked by her move to SmackDown in April 2022 and her eventual return to NXT in October 2022.

rH_W8iImWP0