PDA

View Full Version : Gunther Sheds Light On Why He Delayed WWE Signing

Kemo
08-28-2023, 08:24 PM
WWE Intercontinental Champion Gunther has recently revealed the reason behind stalling to sign a deal with the company.

In the past, reports suggested that 'The Ring General' was in a dilemma of signing with WWE. One of the finest superstars of European wrestling eventually inked a deal with the company in 2019.

He became the longest-reigning NXT UK Champion and his dominance continued on the main roster as well. Gunther was called up to the main roster last year.

The powerhouse is now on the verge of scripting his name in the history books with his iconic Intercontinental Championship reign. He won the title from Ricochet on June 10 last year and he has held it for more than 443 days. If he manages to remain the champ until September 9, he will surpass Honky Tonk Man and become the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion ever.

Speaking with Jeff Snyder, 'The Ring General' said that he didn't see himself fitting on the main roster. He had a different approach to wrestling. He explained:

"I just always looked at the main roster as something I don't see myself fitting in, in what I do. My approach was always like 'I can do what I can do. That's what I can offer', and you either take that or you don't want it. I never wanted to change for anyone. Because I really believed in what I do and how I carry myself. That's the right way for me to go. So I was always very apprehensive towards the step. I wanted to wait things out a little bit. Especially back then, I would say there was a little bit something like a gold rush I want to call it. When WWE opened the doors to the indie wrestling market more and they signed a lot of people at the same time. I always felt like 'Okay everybody goes that one direction maybe I should wait it out a bit and see what happens.' Luckily enough for me, everything worked out perfectly timing-wise in my career and we ended up here."

On last week's edition of Raw, Gunther put his title on the line against Chad Gable. 'The Ring General' suffered a defeat via countout but retained his title.

BkB-yN2Q0NI

LionDen
08-29-2023, 04:09 AM
Also with a little help from Triple H. :shifty: Always helps when Triple H is a fan of you.