PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Reveals Shoulder Surgery - Feels Unable to Make Wrestling Return

Kemo
08-29-2023, 06:19 PM
Kurt Angle has said his days in the ring are well and truly over as he prepares for a serious shoulder surgery.

One of wrestling's most decorated and legitimate stars, Angle is perhaps best known for his initial run with WWE from 1999 to 2006, which saw the Olympic Gold Medalist become a six-time World Champion (three WWE, one WCW, one World Heavyweight Championship.) After an impressive run in TNA/IMPACT Wrestling, Angle returned to WWE in 2017 to be inducted into that year's Hall of Fame.

Kurt Angle has said his days in the ring are well and truly over as he prepares for a serious shoulder surgery.

One of wrestling's most decorated and legitimate stars, Angle is perhaps best known for his initial run with WWE from 1999 to 2006, which saw the Olympic Gold Medalist become a six-time World Champion (three WWE, one WCW, one World Heavyweight Championship.) After an impressive run in TNA/IMPACT Wrestling, Angle returned to WWE in 2017 to be inducted into that year's Hall of Fame.

Kurt Angle hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania 35 in 2019 when he came up short against Baron Corbin, though has since said he'd prefer a much different opponent. While many would be excited to see Kurt wrestle again, possibly at next year's WrestleMania in his native Pittsburgh, Angle confirmed during the latest episode of his podcast that his career is over.

"[I'm] not feeling good enough to come back and wrestle. I have to have a shoulder replacement surgery."

Angle explained that he realized "about six months ago" that he needed to undergo the surgery to feel like himself again.

"My doctor told me before he injected it [the shoulder] with novocaine. My knees are good, my back is okay, my neck's not too bad, but my shoulder is hurting pretty bad."

Angle added that he is delaying the surgery until he finishes shooting a movie he is currently working on, but didn't disclose any details about the project.

Despite his retirement from in-ring competition, Angle has continued to make appearances for WWE, including at this year's Raw is XXX event. A new documentary about Angle's life and career, appropriately titled 'Angle' will release on Peacock on September 2.