PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Reacts To Becoming Grand Slam Champion After NXT Women's Title Win

Kemo
09-14-2023, 07:35 AM
Becky Lynch has finally achieved her goal of becoming a Grand Slam Champion.

Last week, Lynch made an appearance on NXT on big screen and issued a challenge to Tiffany Stratton for the NXT Women's Championship. WWE officially announced the title match for this week's show.

On the latest edition of NXT, Becky Lynch defeated Stratton to capture the NXT Women's Championship. The final moments of the match saw Stratton counter the Manhandle Slam into a two-count. She went for the third Prettiest Moonsault Ever but missed. Lynch caught her with the Manhandle Slim to get the win.

With the victory, 'The Man' became a Grand Slam Champion in WWE. She had previously held the Raw and SmackDown Women's Championship. However, she had never captured the gold in NXT until now.

In an NXT Exclusive, Lynch talked about reaching the massive feat. 'The Man' further stated how she and her husband, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins, control the business. Here is what 'The Grand Slam Man' said:

“Great ring to it, doesn’t it? The Grand Slam Man, here we go. Becky Balboa, we did it. Oh my goodness. This is wild. I have become the NXT Women’s Champion on my goal list for the last ten, maybe eleven years. It’s one of those things that you think, ‘Okay, well, I’m not in NXT, maybe it’s never gonna happen’ and Then Tiffany just had to go running her mouth too much, and here we freakin are. I can’t say nothing’s impossible no more. Family full of champions. It's us. Me and Seth Rollins. We’re both champions. Look at at us, controlling the business. Aren't we deadly? Yeah we are"

2DXXxNFMUak

After winning the championship, Lynch also cut a special promo in the ring in front of the NXT audience.

Of course, Tiffany Stratton will be receiving a rematch for the title at a later date. We will now have to wait and see which other superstars step up to Becky Lynch for the title.