PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Mocks The Idea Of Crossover Between WWE & UFC Fans

Kemo
09-14-2023, 07:54 AM
Chief Executive Officer of UFC Dana White recently reacted to Chief Operating Officer Lawrence Epstein’s comments about turning every WWE fan into a UFC fan and vice versa.

WWE merged with UFC leading to the formation of the new TKO Holdings Inc. company and the deal was closed yesterday.

Endeavor holds a 51% controlling interest in the new company and existing WWE shareholders hold a 49% interest. Lawrence Epstein spoke to ESPN after the merger and said:

“Where we want to get is where every UFC fan is a WWE fan and every WWE fan is a UFC fan.”

This statement received a mixed reaction from the fans and during a media scrum last night, White was asked about Epstein’s comments. White poked fun at the comment and said that he doesn't agree with Epstein. Here is what he said:

“Lawrence, I love you. One of the dumbest statements of all time. Yeah, I don’t know why he said that. I don’t even know what to say at that. No, there’s no — there’s some crossover. Some people like WWE, some people like UFC. Some people like both.

I don’t think there’s ever going to be a day where we turn every UFC fan into a WWE fan or every WWE fan — what’s beautiful about the synergy between these two fan bases is they are very completely opposite. There’s very little crossover. And again, maybe he was misquoted. I hope that’s the case. Because I could not disagree with him more.”

TKO
09-14-2023, 06:38 PM
Epstein of course. Would be cool but stupid.