PDA

View Full Version : Montez Ford Says He Would Love To Welcome CM Punk Back To WWE

Kemo
09-21-2023, 07:25 PM
WWE star Montez Ford recently stated that if asked, he would welcome CM Punk to WWE with open arms.

Reports stated that Perry and Punk had a backstage altercation after Perry made remarks that were directed toward Punk. When Perry got backstage after his match with Hook at Zero Hour, two men had a heated exchange of words and a physical altercation. Tony Khan feared for his life inside Wembley Stadium. CM Punk was fired from AEW following an investigation involving Punk and Jack Perry.

CM Punk never addressed his departure from AEW. However, he made his return to CFFC 125 from Cage Fury Fighting Championships and provided commentary.

There has been speculation regarding a potential return of CM Punk to WWE. Speaking on The Happy Hour, Montez Ford was questioned about what he would like to say to WWE management if they asked him about possibly re-hiring CM Punk. Here is what he replied:

"If they asked my opinion on it, I'm so open to every single aspect, talent in the world, whether they come from all works of life. I feel like everyone has something to bring to the table. Believe it or not, whether people love this individual or not, and this goes for any WWE superstar, if they are generating buzz and generating topics and generating people talking, that's all good for business. I love to be the person to always welcome someone back with great arms. If he wants to make his way back this way, I guess we can have a battle and see who is the best person from Chicago," he said.

Meanwhile, Ford is currently part of The Street Profits with Angelo Dawkins. Recently, Bobby Lashley took them under his wing and they are part of SmackDown roster. Ford & Dawkins are set to the WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio & his lWo stablemate Santos Escobar on the September 22 episode of WWE SmackDown.