PDA

View Full Version : Matt Riddle Gone From WWE

Kemo
09-23-2023, 08:37 PM
WWE is currently going through roster cuts over the last day after it was announced on Sep. 21 that NBCUniversal signed Friday Night Smackdown to a five-year deal valued at $1.4 billion. The company released twenty wrestlers, including talent on the main roster and the developmental brand. It seemed the cuts were done on Sep. 21, but WWE continued to release talent the following day.

Matt Riddle is the latest wrestler to be released by the company. The former WWE United States Champion shared the news on his Twitter account.

"Just wanted to inform everyone that I’m no longer with WWE. Thank you for the memories and opportunities also thank you to all the fans for the support and love you give me every time I go out to the ring. See you all soon," wrote Riddle.

The former WWE United States Champion also ran into issues at JFK Airport after he accused a Port Authority officer of sexually assaulting him on Sep. 10. The next day, TMZ released additional information on the situation and revealed that the Port Authority would investigate the issue. It was also reported that the officers got a call about Riddle being disorderly when deplaning and met him at the terminal. It's unclear if the investigation is still ongoing.

Riddle has also been off TV for two weeks. Before that, he was on a tag team with Drew McIntyre, and it seemed WWE could've been leaning toward a potential feud between the two. Unfortunately, fans will not know what could've happened with the storyline.

WWE usually has a 90-day non-compete clause for their talent when released. This means that Riddle cannot compete or sign with another wrestling company until late December.

Riddle may wait until next year to make his next move. Wrestling companies like All Elite Wrestling, Major League Wrestling, and Impact Wrestling could possibly be interested in signing the former WWE superstar when available.

While it may not be ideal for him to be released from WWE, Riddle still has the potential to be a great addition to someone else's roster.