PDA

View Full Version : 'Dirty Dom' Says There'll Never Be A 'Next Rey Mysterio: 'I'm The One Who Matters'

Kemo
09-26-2023, 12:52 AM
'Dirty' Dominik Mysterio has said there will never be a 'next Rey Mysterio' but not out of love for his Hall of Fame father.

Dominik has been at odds with his father ever since WWE Clash at the Castle, where the reigning NXT North American Champion joined The Judgment Day. After refusing to strike his son for months, Rey agreed to a match at WrestleMania 39, where he would defeat his ungrateful son.

As of late, 'Dirty Dom' has been feuding with Dragon Lee, who with his colorful masks and popularity with the fans, is being considered by many as 'the next Rey Mysterio.' Lee is hardly the first wrestler to be compared to the legendary performer, as Sin Cara received similar comparisons upon his debut in 2011.

Speaking to In The Kliq, Dominik addressed the comparisons and argued that he is the Mysterio people should be interested in.

"I don't think there will ever be a next Rey Mysterio not because he's my dad but because the Mysterio that matters is me. I'm the one out here putting the Mysterio name on my back and taking the NXT North American title to literally all of North America, which is Canada, Mexico, and the United States. No one's ever done that.

So the fact that I'm main eventing all three shows in one week, literally the main event of Raw every week. There is no next Rey Mysterio. I'm the Mysterio that matters. Plain and simple."

Mysterio will put the NXT North American title on the line on tonight's Raw against Dragon Lee in the latter's main-roster debut.