PDA

View Full Version : Ilja Dragunov Wants To Face Seth Rollins, Shinsuke Nakamura, & More In WWE

Kemo
09-26-2023, 12:53 AM
Ilja Dragunov has faced several impressive names in his professional wrestling career, but there are still some he has yet to square up with, both in NXT and WWE's main roster.

During a recent interview with Under The Ring, the former NXT UK Champion revealed some fresh names he's keen on facing for the first time. From the current landscape of WWE Superstars, Dragunov is eyeing matchups against the likes of Shinsuke Nakamura, World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins, and WWE Hall of Famer Rey Mysterio.

"There are countless people. This company is filled with an unlimited amount of great talent," Dragunov said. "So, there’s so many people I think I could create something special with. One of the people that come to my mind is definitely Shinsuke Nakamura, people like Seth Rollins who also has all this artistic expressive way with the people. You see how over he is and how big the attention he gets. Definitely, I mean as long as the chance is still there, maybe with one of the people who were the first I’ve been watching like Rey Mysterio for example."

If given the opportunity to wrestle any performer from the past or present, Dragunov expressed his interest in facing WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle. Together, Dragunov believes they could showcase an "overload of intensity."

While it remains to be seen if any of those dream bouts will come to fruition, Dragunov turns his attention to Carmelo Hayes, whom he will face at NXT No Mercy on September 30. There, Dragunov will challenge Hayes for the NXT Championship.