PDA

View Full Version : Jade Cargill Says Friendship with Cody Rhodes Influenced Decision to Join WWE

Kemo
09-28-2023, 08:17 AM
WWE's newest Superstar Jade Cargill has said her relationship with Cody Rhodes played a large role in her decision to join the promotion.

Yesterday, news broke that Cargill had signed with WWE, just over a week after her final match with All Elite Wrestling. That bout on the September 15, Rampage saw the inaugural AEW TBS Champion lose to current champion Kris Statlander. It had been reported earlier this month that Cargill was finishing with AEW and sources in both companies believed she was WWE-bound.

Cargill is the third AEW name to sign with WWE, following on from Cody Rhodes, who returned in April of last year at WrestleMania 38, and Brian Pillman Jr. who signed earlier this year.

Speaking on The Ringer Wrestling Show, Cargill was asked to what extent her relationship with the American Nightmare influenced her decision to join WWE.

"He was top three and not third. He is a phenomenal man. I've seen what this business did for him. I've seen him just be the stellar athlete that he is and I didn't see any different for myself. He was one of the guys who helped me make a great decision."

Cargill will no doubt be hoping to receive a similar treatment to Rhodes when she makes her debut on WWE programming. The former AEW TNT Champion has repeatedly been one of the company's most featured performers, as well as a powerhouse when it comes to merchandise.

In a tweet, WWE uploaded a video of Cargill arriving at the WWE Performance Center. It has been reported that there is a belief that Cargill will skip WWE NXT entirely and debut as part of the main roster.