PDA

View Full Version : Maven Knew His Privacy Was Gone Staring Down The Barrel Of A Viewer's Gun

Kemo
09-29-2023, 07:52 PM
Maven Huffman is thrilled he was able to live the life of a WWE Superstar, but the Tough Enough winner has said his career cost him a sense of privacy.

Maven joined WWE in 2001 after co-winning that year's Tough Enough with Nidia Guenard. During his four years with the promotion, Maven would become a three-time Hardcore Champion and is well-remembered for eliminating The Undertaker from the 2002 Royal Rumble match.

A former middle school teacher for Twality Middle School in Tigard, Oregon, becoming a WWE Superstar was a huge change in the life of Maven Huffman. Unfortunately, his celebrity status also brought its own unique set of problems. Speaking about how wrestling negatively affected his life in his latest , Maven recalled being confronted by a person who recognized him from WWE programming.

"Let me set the scene here. So I had just broken my leg wrestling Christian and I was in a cast. It was late at night, I was on the porch with my girlfriend at the time, and we were doing what we did every night: enjoying a nice Summer's evening. Out of nowhere a figure dressed in all black walks up onto the porch. I immediately jumped up to shield her and he put a gun directly to my forehead.

"You might be thinking 'Well maybe this was maybe this was just an act of randomness. It was not because he said my name. He immediately told me he wanted money. I had just bought a new car [so] I offered that to him. He told me he didn't want that and as he turned to walk away he said a couple of words that would take away every bit of security I had. He pointed the gun at me as he was backing down off the porch and he said 'Maven I got you anytime I want you. That echoed in me and that, man, that still gets to me to this day."

Maven recalled how his behavior changed after the incident and was confident that this situation would not have happened had he not become famous.

"After that night I never went to sleep until it was daylight in that house and I never walked to and from my car without a firearm being on my hip. The girl I was dating at the time, her life her safety were in someone else's hands. This is definitely something that would never have happened had I not become a WWE wrestler."

Despite the ordeal, Maven recognized that this situation does not reflect the majority of fans, and spoke about wanting to be someone fans feel they can approach.

"I'm not saying if you see me don't come up to me actually please do come up to me you make my day way more than you know every time someone comes up to me and remembers my in-ring time or what I'm doing right now it puts a smile on my face and I'm so thankful."