PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Reacts To Being Outsmarted By LA Knight At Fastlane

Kemo
10-08-2023, 04:08 PM
John Cena was pleasantly surprised on being out-respected by LA Knight.

Cena and Knight are two of the most over stars of the current WWE roster. Their popularity was at display once again when they went up against The Bloodline in a tag team match at tonight's Fastlane PPV. The babyfaces picked up a victory over the team of Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa.

After the match, John tried to show respect to the Megastar by rising his hand. The SmackDown star however was having none of it and LA Knight raised Cena's hand instead as a show of respect for the wrestling veteran.

The 16-time world champion was asked about this moment during the post show press conference. He said that he is very passionate about seeing people earn their respect and he felt really good at being outsmarted:

"Honestly. I was very grateful. I think we all watched the same match and being around the electricity and the rise of LA Knight is something...I love that stuff. You guys know me. I'm passionate about passion. I love this business and I love when people earn their respect.

LA Knight has certainly done that. I was just trying to do a respectful thing in the end and I was outsmarted. It felt really good because it was very authentic. There's nothing I can argue with that. So that was a great moment for me."

LA Knight then commented on the moment as well. He claimed that doing so was necessary because John Cena stood by him in the battle against The Bloodline:

"Sometimes you have to pay the respect where it's earned and this guy's done it all. He's done everything. If you look at my career path in a certain way, I got no business being here.

At the same time, I got all the business being here because I've earned every damn step of this. So for me to pay it forward is something that was necessary here, especially with the guy who's done so much and has stood [by] my side in this battle for sure."