PDA

View Full Version : Nick Aldis Reacts To Being Named WWE SmackDown GM: "The opportunity of a lifetime"

Kemo
10-14-2023, 11:25 PM
Nick Aldis is thrilled to be the newly appointed WWE SmackDown General Manager.

Last night's season premiere edition of WWE SmackDown saw some memorable moments, one of which was Nick Aldis making his on-screen WWE debut. In a highly-anticipated announcement, WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H revealed that the former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Nick Aldis will take up the duties as the on-screen authority figure for the blue brand.

'The Game' also announced that Adam Pearce has been officially promoted to the role of General Manager for Monday Night Raw. The first move Aldis pulled off announcing that Kevin Owens had been traded to SmackDown to complete Raw's trade for Jey Uso.

In a SmackDown Exclusive, Aldis shared his thoughts on being named the General Manager of WWE SmackDown. He feels wonderful to have bagged the role and he is delighted that Triple H and the management have bestowed trust upon him. He said:

“Well, I’m feeling wonderful. I've been in the business for quite a while, more than half my adult life. But, yeah, like I said out there, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime to be the general manager of SmackDown, the number one brand in all of sports entertainment. Wow. It’s a testament to the many hats that I’ve worn in the industry outside of the ring. To be bestowed that trust by Triple H and the rest of the management team at WWE is a huge thrill."

8ePaOKsaA_M

Later on the show, Nick Aldis had a segment with the Women's Tag Team Champions Chelsea Green and Piper Niven. Aldis also made another announcement during a backstage segment. He announced that Charlotte Flair will take on IYO SKY for the WWE Women's Championship on the Blue brand next week. He believes 'The Queen' was robbed off at WWE Fastlane after Damage CTRL's interference.