PDA

View Full Version : Chad Gable: 'Nothing is Wasted by GUNTHER, He Forces You to Up Your Game'

Kemo
10-17-2023, 01:17 AM
Chad Gable had to up his game to face his perfect opponent GUNTHER during their recent feud.

In September, Gable challenged GUNTHER for the Intercontinental Championship but was unable to win the gold. Days later, GUNTHER would break the record for the longest individual reign of any Intercontinental Champion in the championship's four-decade history. Gable's family were at ringside and watched their father's defeat, which made GUNTHER very happy.

NUTlxmN4_wA

The match between Gable & GUNTHER was lauded by fans as well as those in WWE, as the pair received a standing ovation backstage. Speaking on WWE Die Woche, Gable recalled his intense showdown with the Austrian.

"He hits hard. Nothing is wasted with him. Everything he does, whether it’s a boot, a punch, a chop, everything matters, and it hurts, and it’s stiff, and it’s laid in there."

Gable added that GUNTHER's intensity in the ring can only be combated with intensity of his own.

"It’s very competitive, being in there with him. It forces me to up my game, if that makes sense, to raise my level a little more, which is necessary when you’re in with a guy like that for championship matches, so I love those matches."

Gable did not win his match but has refused to let this be the end of his pursuit of the Intercontinental Championship. The Olympian has vowed that he will be the one to dethrone GUNTHER. The Imperium leader's next title defense will come on tonight's season premiere of Raw against 'Big' Bronson Reed.