PDA

View Full Version : Ari Emanuel Strategizes Away From Vince McMahon In WWE

Kemo
10-17-2023, 01:18 AM
Endeavor CEO and owner of TKO Group, Ari Emanuel, has shifted strategy away from Vince McMahon in WWE. It's a move that contradicts Emanuel's early comments on the importance of McMahon to the WWE brand. Those initial comments came as Emanuel was about to purchase WWE from McMahon in April.

"I would have body slammed him (Vince McMahon) if he thought he thought he was going to leave," Emanuel said during an appearance with McMahon after the announcement of the sale was mad. "Here's a man who has seen around the corner at every beat over the last 40 years of this business and has a vision of this business way before a lot of people see it. Him now being able to utilize what we've built in our flywheel, I'm the luckiest guy in the world. I have Vince McMahon, a visionary that sees around the corner, I have Dana White and what we've built. That's pretty unstoppable."

Emanuel's strategy appears to have shifted in that regard.

Sports Illustrated is reporting that Emanuel has fully backed Triple H to lead the WWE creative effort moving forward -- without Vince McMahon. The reason for this shift is that Emanuel reportedly strongly believes in people doing the jobs they're assigned to do for the success of the organization to reach full potential.

In this instance, Vince McMahon is the Executive Chairman of TKO Group, with responsibilities at that level. Triple H is the Head of WWE creative and now wields all control and power that comes in that spot. Backstage morale in WWE is said to be high right now due to the control Triple H now has.

A directional shift on job responsibility wasn't the only comment Emanuel has made on Vince McMahon recently. During an interview at the Bloomberg Screentime Conference last week, Emanuel said that the drop in TKO Group stock was due to McMahon and his shares being up for a sale because of the flexibility has within the new company structure.