PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bunny Played Major Role in Carlito's Return at WWE Backlash

Kemo
10-17-2023, 01:25 AM
Carlito's return to WWE at Backlash in May of this year may never have happened if not for WWE's resident celebrity grappler Bad Bunny.

At WWE Backlash in May, Carlito came to the aid of Bunny during the Grammy Award-winning artist's Street Fight with Damian Priest. Both participants saw allies get involved with Priest relying on The Judgment Day while Bunny would involve the LWO and Carlito. The event marked Carlito's first appearance for WWE since his brief run with the promotion in early 2021.

bnIURP3KEPs

Carlito's return at Backlash was a welcome surprise for the WWE Universe in Puerto Rico, who have Bad Bunny to thank for the experience. Speaking during The Ringer Wrestling Show, Carlito spoke about Bad Bunny's involvement in his comeback.

"Bad Bunny is a fan. I think he was a fan of mine growing up. One of his ideas was he thought it’d be a great idea for me to be a part of it. You know, of course, being in Puerto Rico, you know, it just made perfect sense.”

Carlito's return at WWE Backlash would go down very well with fans as well as those within WWE. Sources within the promotion stated that many were impressed by how much the former U.S. and Intercontinental Champion had matured since his initial run.

At WWE Fastlane, Carlito returned to TV to help LWO's Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar defeat Bobby Lashley & The Street Profits. During a backstage segment on last week's SmackDown, Carlito was attacked by Lashley & his allies. New SmackDown GM Nick Aldis would book a match between LWO's Santos Escobar & Montez Ford for this week's show.