PDA

View Full Version : Logan Paul & Rey Mysterio Face-Off Set For SmackDown Following WWE Crown Jewel Challenge

Kemo
10-17-2023, 01:32 AM
After WWE Superstar and part-time boxer Logan Paul called out WWE United States Champion Rey Mysterio, fans wondered when they would meet face-to-face. Paul stepped back into the boxing ring at Misfits Boxing: The Prime Card on October 14 to take on MMA fighter Dillion Danis. The social media influencer won the fight by disqualification in the sixth round and then publically challenged Mysterio to put his title on the line against him.

In a post-fight interview with Ariel Helwani, Paul shared that he was done with boxing for now and made it clear he is ready to become the new WWE United States Champion.

"My true passion, ya'll already know, I'm a WWE superstar. So, I'm moving back to the WWE. There are some championships that I want to get. I've got my eye on something. I got my eye on someone. I'm an American boy, and I want that U.S. title," said Paul.

On The MMA Hour with Helwani, Mysterio announced on the October 20 WWE Friday Night Smackdown episode that he will have a face-to-face segment with Paul.

The upcoming segment with Paul is a surprise because Mysterio is in a feud with Bobby Lashley. The former two-time WWE Champion has a win over the WWE Hall of Famer and seemed to be his next title challenger. Santos Escobar also claimed he was getting a rematch with his Latino World Order ally on Twitter after Paul's call out. However, it seems "The Maverick" could be next in line.

Mysterio defending his WWE United States Championship against Paul seems possible for the company's upcoming premium live event, WWE Crown Jewel. The event will occur in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on November 4. So far, one match has been announced for the card, but Mysterio vs. Paul could be another match added soon.

While the company set up Lashley to feud with Mysterio, the company could have new Latino World Order member Carlito work with the former two-time WWE Champion.

On the October 13 episode of WWE Friday Night Smackdown, Lashley and Carlito had a backstage segment, which led to Lashley and The Street Profits attacking the "babyface." Carlito could have his first singles feud in WWE against Lashley, while Mysterio works with Paul.

Mysterio has some interesting opponents looking to take his title, but it seems like Paul may be his next challenger.