PDA

View Full Version : Rhea Ripley Set to Headline 2/24 WWE Elimination Chamber: Perth PLE

Kemo
10-19-2023, 10:33 PM
:chamber:

Reigning WWE Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley will headline next year's Elimination Chamber: Perth, an Australian news source has revealed.

Ripley's reign began at WrestleMania 39 in April, when she captured the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship on Night One by defeating Charlotte Flair. In June, after Ripley was drafted to Raw, the title was rechristened the WWE Women’s World Championship and features a new design similar to the men’s World Heavyweight Championship.

As one of WWE's many Superstars to call Australia home, many expected Ripley to be a part of next year's Elimination Chamber: Perth event. 7NEWS Adelaide reports that not only will Ripley be on the show, but she will headline the event. Ripley told 7NEWS Adelaide that she can't wait to feel the crowd's excitement at the event.

"I'm so excited, I'm so, so excited and to be able to go over there with WWE and to be announced from Adelaide, South Australia, I can't wait to hear the reaction and just feel the electricity coming from the crowd."

Ripley added that she hopes that her family will be a part of the 60,000+ who attend next year's show in Perth.

"I don't know how many I'll be allowed to have, but I'd like to have at least 100. Just putting it out there WWE please. My family's very big."

WWE announced Elimination Chamber: Perth last month, in what will be the promotion's first PLE in Australia since 2018. This announcement came mere months after reports that WWE were working on bringing a PLE to Australia. Grayson Waller, another Aussie will no-doubt want to be part of the show but has warned the Rock to stay out of Australia.