PDA

View Full Version : Nia Jax Found Herself In An 'Awful Place' From Harassment By WWE Fans

Kemo
10-20-2023, 08:26 PM
Nia Jax was left in a bad place due to the hate by fans online after her 2021 release, despite at first thinking the onslaught of vitriol would be good for her career.

Jax returned to WWE last month and immediately made an impact by targeting Raquel Rodriguez and WWE Women's World Champion Rhea Ripley. A former RAW Women's Champion and WWE Women's Tag Team Champion, Jax was released from WWE in late 2021.

Nia Jax has often faced scrutiny from fans, many of whom believe she is unsafe in the ring. Jax was infamously blamed by fans for a spot involving Kairi Sane in 2020, despite Sane reportedly making it clear backstage that she was in the wrong position for the move. Asuka, an ally of Sane, recently defended Jax from such criticism. Speaking on After the Bell this week, Jax went in-depth on how the comments by fans have affected her.

"I obviously, can't deny, that I get a lot of hatred online. In the beginning, I thought 'Oh this will be good. The character will keep going on.' But at the end of the day, when you're by yourself and you're on your phone and you're looking at the constant hate, hate, hate, then you're second-guessing yourself. I'm second-guessing everything that I've done. 'I need to improve, I need to do this, I need to impress them. The internet is really hating what I'm doing right now.' And it really, really messed me up. It got me into such a sad place and when I got released I was like 'Yeah, of course. Why not? I suck, everybody hates me. There's no need for me to be here anymore.'"

Jax explained how working with a life coach and acknowledging that she and her ring persona are very different have helped her immensely.

"But then, when I got to my therapy, and I've said this before. I don't think a happy person goes online and sh*ts on other people. I had to put it into perspective of 'Oh, this is a character.' In WWE, Nia Jax is blended with Lina because it's not like they run credits [at the end of the show.] So when people see me in the street they're like 'Nia you suck!' But you're like, Lina, over here, is actually a good person.

I was sitting with my life coach and she would just constantly remind me the fact that you have to find the happiness in yourself because nobody happy is going to sit there and f*** on you. You have to find that 'Okay, somebody there must be going through something to sit there online and pick somebody apart for no reason.' It's just like a bully in school. They're unhappy, that's why they're picking on you. That's generally where I came from and now when I go online it's like 'They're picking on Nia, they're not picking on Lina.'"

Nia Jax will challenge for the Women's World Championship at WWE Crown Jewel in a five-way that will include champion Rhea Ripley, Raquel Rodriguez, Zoey Stark, and Shayna Baszler.