PDA

View Full Version : Nick Aldis Had 'Made Peace' With Idea He'd Never Join WWE Prior to Signing

Kemo
10-26-2023, 05:23 AM
SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis had come to terms with the idea that he'd never work with WWE not long before he signed with the promotion.

Aldis was introduced as the new General Manager of the blue brand during the October 13, 2023, episode of SmackDown. Aldis' debut came months after he was brought in for a potential producer role and WWE had had its eye on the Brit for some time.

RiTbN8Un3FM

For years, Aldis was one of the biggest names in wrestling who hadn't appeared for WWE, and for a while, many thought that his arrival would never happen. Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Aldis admitted that he too came to terms with the idea that he'd never be working for WWE.

"I sort of made peace with that several years ago and I think that actually was, in many ways, a sort of turning point that helped me embrace the other opportunities that came my way."

Aldis added that he would have "wasted some time" had he been more interested in keeping an eye on WWE than on pursuing non-WWE projects. He went on to say that ultimately, he wanted to be the best verson of himself no matter where he was competing.

As a former NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion who recently made it clear that he doesn't consider himself retired from competition, many were surprised that Aldis was introduced as a GM rather than as a Superstar. In the interview, Aldis alluded to the idea that he'll be ready to wrestle for WWE, if the company makes the call.

"If other stuff comes along, those opportunities, you can bet that I'll be ready, willing, and able."

Aldis has been making a great impression with those at WWE, who appreciate his dedication to whatever role the company has for him.